Price Match Guarantee FAQs
- How do I claim the Price Match Guarantee?
- What items does the Price Match Guarantee apply to?
- What are the exclusions?
How do I claim the Price Match Guarantee?
Complete the online form by entering your details, the product code and evidence of our competitor's advertised price. Once we verify the lower price is genuine (inclusive of delivery costs) and in stock, we will respond to you by email (Email address provided in the online form) with details to place in the Customer Service Comments box before you buy the item. The discounted price will be applied to your basket for the price matched product.
Simply call our Customer Service Team on 1800 782 753. You will need to provide evidence (e.g. website link, photo, email etc.) of our competitor’s advertised price for the new, identical product, currently in stock. Once we verify the lower price is genuine (inclusive of delivery costs) and in stock, we will match the price and take a further 10% off the difference before you buy the item.
What items does the Price Match Guarantee apply to?
Identical products under identical terms and conditions that are available on our site are eligible if you find them advertised and in stock from an authorised Australian retailer or reseller for a lower price.
An identical product means an identical model number, pack size, components and warranty. We also take into account the added cost of delivery. If your Staples order will receive free shipping and the competitor's order will not receive free shipping, we will include an appropriate shipping charge in the competitor's price before calculating the price match.
What are the exclusions?
- Computing and software
- Non-identical products and services (including non-identical warranties)
- Used or refurbished products
- Advertising or typographical errors (either ours or competitors)
- Package deals (for example printer and computer bundles)
- Conditional offers (for example bulk purchase or limited quantity offers)
- Cash back and coupon offers
- Customer special orders
- Clearance products
- Reseller, auction websites and online marketplaces
- Where the lower price is not available to the general public in Australia (for example contract, warehouse, wholesale, club prices)
- Stock liquidations
- Parallel imports
- Where we are unable to verify the lower price
- Products that are not in stock at our competitor